One of the most popular dishes in Indian cuisine is no other than Tandoori Chicken. Not only is it very popular in India but in Pakistan and even in England as well. It is comprised mainly of chicken and various spices. Tandoori Chicken is popular not just because it is so delicious but also because it is very healthy. Here are the reasons why Tandoori Chicken is healthy.
• It is traditional cooked – Tandoori chicken is traditionally cooked and this means it is not cooked in gas ovens or barbeque grills Instead, it is cooked in a Tandoor or clay oven. Cooking it traditionally provides the authentic tastes that people love about it. A lot of tandoori chicken lovers will know if they are served a Tandoori chicken dish cooked with a barbeque grill instead of a traditionally-cooked one.
• It is good for the brain – Tandoori chicken is good for the brain because of two reasons. First, chicken can help increase the serotonin levels in the brain and that can help improve your mood and reduce your stress levels. Second, Tandoori chicken, along with other more dishes in Indian cuisine, are believed to help reduce the risks Alzheimer’s disease. This is because most elders in India do not get as much Alzheimer’s cases as compared to the United States.
• It is rich in protein – Tandoori chicken, or chicken for that matter, is very rich in protein. And the fact that it is cooked in an oven makes it retain all those proteins that it originally had. Protein is necessary in building up muscles. So if you lack muscles, eat Tandoori chicken. Chicken is a better source of protein than pork or even beef. That is why you should eat more if it.
• It has a lot of vitamins – Cooking chicken in a tandoori also helps the meat retain its vitamins. Chicken is very rich in various vitamins including vitamin B3, B5, B6, and a whole lot more. Of course, the chicken is not the only source of vitamins in the tandoori chicken dish. The spices and the vegetables used to make it extra special are also rich in vitamins and nutrients. Some examples include vitamin C, iron, potassium, and a whole lot more.
• It can improve your metabolism – Do you want to burn fats fast? Eat Tandoori chicken! Chicken helps you burn calories fast because it is rich in selenium. Selenium is what the body needs to improve metabolic performance. It can help you achieve that goal weight you have always wanted. Consider eating Tandoori chicken a few hours before hitting the gym.
Tandoori chicken is definitely a great dish for you to try. If you have not tried it yet, then it should be on the top of your ‘To Eat’ list. So many famous people have expressed their enjoyment for Tandoori chicken. Some examples include JFK, Nikita Khrushchev, and other foreign dignitaries. And if you are looking for a place where you can eat delicious Tandoori chicken, you can always consider Da Tandoor Fusion Indian Cuisine.